Accounting is one of the subjects teach the skills and knowledge needed to understand how business works. •
- To contribute to a balanced and appropriate general education, leading to the personal and social development of each student together with a fostering of the concept of accountability
- To create awareness of the business environment and to to provide each student with the knowledge, understanding and skills leading to a personal competence and responsible participation in this changing and challenging environment.
- To encourage the development of self-reliance, mental organisation and agility, clear and logical thinking, planning habits, methods of investigation and processes whereby accuracy can be ensured
- To enhance numeracy skills and promote awareness of the use of figures computations and statistics in the world of business and enterprise
- To expose students to aspects of business and enterprise with a view to career and working life, additional studies in accounting or as a basis for further education.
Topics covered include:
Financial Statements Preparation, Farm Accounts, Club Accounts, Company Accounts, Manufacturing Accounts, Financial Statements Analysis and Interpretation, Budgeting, Break-even Analysis, Cost Classification, Accounting Theory and Principles.