The Kings Hospital operates a waiting list admissions system and therefore we accept registration forms for prospective students from birth. Our registration form is currently unavailable online so you must contact our Admissions Office by email or phone at +353 1 6436564 and we will send you an Admissions Pack in the post. The information you will need to complete the registration form is:
- Child's PPS number.
- Parents/Guardians' contact details (phone & email).
- Signatures for Parents/Guardians
- Current school name, address & roll number (if attending school already).
- A copy (not original) of the child's birth certificate.
- A certificate of religious affiliation signed by the religious leader of the church you attend only if you are a practising member of a Protestant or affiliated faith.
- A cheque, bank draft, money order, or cash fee of €75, which can also be paid by direct debit (bank details found on the form).
A pupil must have reached twelve years of age by the time they are to begin Form 1.
It is important to remember that if you have more than one child that we require a separate registration form for each sibling. There is no automatic guarantee of a place for a sibling, as per our admissions policy, and they must be registered and placed on the waiting list like every other child.
One we receive the registration form it is date stamped and you will receive an emailed receipt for your records, unless you specify otherwise. As most of the school communications will now take place by email, it is recommended that you give us a personal email address over a work one. Some of you will be submitting forms over eleven years before your child is due to begin secondary school and it is very important that we have the correct details for you on file. If you change email, home address or phone number, please advise us straight away. Those parents who have registered their child will be invited to attend our Open Day, usually sixteen months prior to entry. You will be contacted approximately two months after Open Day to let you know whether a place has been offered to your child or not. If you do not advise us in writing of your decision to accept the place by the closing date, the offer will be forfeited and given to another child on the waiting list. This will continue throughout the year until all available places have been filled.
PLEASE READ OUR ADMISSIONS POLICY CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND HOW WE OFFER PLACES TO STUDENTS EACH YEAR.