Hillwalking is an important extra-curricular activity in the school which has only really established itself and become part of the life of the students in the last few years, thanks to the enthusiasm of interested members of staff.
Participation in this most worth-while of pastimes has grown steadily and there are regular Sunday excursions for those interested. Furthermore, overnight weekend treks are also organised as well as longer trips during the school holidays, to sites around Ireland and to the UK and abroad. Recent trips have included Donegal, Scotland and a group of students have completed the 'Four Peaks' challenge.
2017 Autumn/Winter Term
- Sep 10th Sunday Hike in Wicklow leave 10am back by 6pm - Contact Ms Murray in the school firstname.lastname@example.org
The King's Hospital Hiking and Hill Walking Club organised two very successful trips out west this term to Conemara and Donegal in the 2016 Winter Term.
For the first half of 2017 they had a very busy calendar and new and enthusastic members are always welcome to join them:
- Jan 15 Sunday Hike in Wicklow leave 10am back 5.30pm - GOOD CHANCE OF SNOW!
- Feb 3/4/5 Trip to Sligo with a stay near Lisadell House
- Mar 11/12 Bushcraft/Survival Skills Weekend
- Mar 25/26 Camping Trip...Wicklow
- June Camping Trip to the Bavarian Alps via Munich airport.
Grab your passports as we're heading to warmer 'climbs'. We will camping near the Zugspitze which is the highest mountain in Germany. The cost has been reduced to €600. Dates are the same...early June 28 to late July 6. Still a few places left
Contact Mr Campion for more details: email@example.com