Special Educational Needs
The Special Educational Needs Department aims to provide an effective and comprehensive support service that will enable students with additional needs to achieve their full potential in The King’s Hospital School.
The Special Education team provides assistance to students, through early identification and classroom support, while liaising closely with parents, subject teachers, tutors, house staff and external professionals.
All applications for a place at The King's Hospital School are treated according to our Admissions Policy but we must be made aware well in advance if your child has a Special Education Need, to determine if we have adequate resources to meet your child's specific needs. The SENCO is happy to discuss the needs of individual students at application stage and this contact should be initiated by email.
State Exams 2020
Please click on this link to access the latest information from the State Exams Commission on reasonable accomodation for exams in 2020..
The Special Education Team
- Yvonne Mahady -Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (S.E.N.C.O.) MSc Strategic Business Management ,H.Dip.SEN, H.dip.Ed, Bachelor of Business
- Yvonne Duggan B.Comm., B.Sc., H.Dip.Ed., P.G.Dip.SEN; Dip.Ed.Lead., Accredited Counsellor and Supervisor with I.A.C.P.
- Emma Regan B.A. (Mod)., P.G.D.E; H.Dip.Sc.
- Andrew Pomeroy B.A., B.A.I (Hons)., H.Dip.Ed; MSc (Hons)
- Lizzie Peoples B.A., M.A., H.Dip.Ed.
- Grace Bill B.A. (Hons)., P.G.C.E.
- Rebecca Campion M.A., P.G.C.E., PhD.
- Rebecca Gunn B.Sc (Hons)., P.G.D.E.
- Pamela Smithwick BA., MA., H.Dip.Ed.
- Elisabeth Peoples BA, MA (UCD), HDipEd (TCD)
Special Needs Assistants
- Marion Duffy
- Mick McKinnon
- Special Education Support Service (www.sess.ie)
- Dyspraxia Association of Ireland (www.dyspraxiaireland.com)
- Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland (www.aoti.ie)
- Dyslexia Association of Ireland (www.dyslexia.ie)
- The Asperger's Syndrome Association: 'Aspire' (www.aspireireland.ie)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support Association: HADD (www.hadd.ie)
- Irish Association of Speech and Language Therapists (Tel: 01-8780215)
- Irish Association for Gifted Children (http://homepage.tinet.ie)
- Irish Centre for Talented Youth (CTYI) (www.dcu.ie/ctyi/)