Extra-Curricular Parents Night
As you would have seen in our Extra Curricular pack that was sent out in June, Mr Keelty and Ms O'Reilly have made some exciting changes to our Extra curricular programme. We are hosting an Extra-curricular parents night on Thursday Sept 6th, 7pm, to run through some of these changes in more detail so you, as parents, have a thorough understanding of what these changes are and why the changes came about. If your children are interested and invested in any form of extra-curricular activity, from Rugby to Choir, or Swimming to Pottery, it is highly recommended you attend. Both Mr Keelty and Ms O'Reilly will be speaking to you, and you will get a chance to meet some of the key staff members involved in our extra-curricular programme.
Socs is the new software we are using to manage and communicate everything in our extra-curricular and co-curricular programmes. Please see below the information you need to access SOCS and how it works.
SOCS Co-Curricular: Your Personal Clubs and Fixtures calendar
The SOCS system allows you to log in to see what clubs and fixtures your child is involved in. You can view this information on your phone, tablet or PC and (if desired) synchronise the clubs and fixtures into your own personal calendar on your phone, tablet or PC.
You can visit the system to see what’s happening, or you can click on the Calendar Sync button to add the events into your own personal calendar on your PC, Tablet or Phone. The system will update with details of clubs and fixtures, cancelations and so forth.
The Kings Hospital Sports Portal
If you want to see the full Sports Programme, with details of all the foundations fixtures, results, match reports and more, then you can visit http://sport.kingshospital.ie/
You might want to save the address in your favourites and send it to your family and friends. To see at a glance What’s On, Where and When you have a number of choices:
- You can either navigate to our Sports Calendar via the main menu, and then select the day you are interested in. This shows the venue and if we're playing away will have a link to the location map of our opponent's school. You can also see the team selected for the fixture wherever you see this blue image Normally we announce team selections at least the day before and in most cases 48 hours before. From the Sports Calendar you can also click directly through to a team's fixtures & results listing by clicking the Team's Name. e.g. click on the “Girls-U16A”.
- If you are following a particular team or teams you can also select Sports & Teams Fixtures & Results from the main menu. Then select a particular sport and your team to see Past Results and Upcoming Fixtures.
- From any teams Fixture List you can find their location by clicking on the Map Point button.
- From any team’s Fixtures & Results listings you can also download the entire fixture list to your personal calendar on your PC or mobile device (such as an iPhone or iPad). Any changes we make to our fixtures will be synchronised with your personal calendar whenever you connect your PC or mobile device to the Internet. NOTE: If you have already logged in and synched your child’s timetable to your personal calendar, then doing this may create a duplicate event!
- If you are visiting our sports website on your mobile phone you will notice it loads up as a Mobile Web App. Full instructions for how to get the most out of the Web App can be found online by clicking here >>>. The mobile Web App will allow you to access Fixture and Team Sheet information on the go!
The School Calendar
- If you want to visit the main school calendar, with details of every event taking place at the school, then visit http://calendar.kingshospital.ie/week.aspx
- You might want to save the address in your favourites and send it to your family and friends. To see at a glance What’s On, Where and When you have a number of choices:
- You can view the calendar as either as a grid or a list by selecting the Grid or List icons. Once you have decided how you would like to view the calendar you can select day, week or month view.
- You can filter the calendar by category using the Filter Calendar section. This allows to you focus on parts of the school calendar relevant to you.
- Use the Calendar Sync button to synchronize the school calendar with your personal calendar. You can either synchronize the entire school calendar or your chosen calendar filters. Any subsequent changes to the calendar will update your personal calendar.
- If you are visiting our calendar website on your mobile phone you will notice it loads up as a Mobile Web App. The Mobile Web App will allow you to access the school calendar on the go and save the icon to your home screen to access the calendar quickly.
Help and Support
Should you require any systems help and support then please contact Mr Keelty at email@example.com or (01) 6436547
Dave Keelty - Director of Sport