Junior & Leaving Cert exam updates, eKH blended learning, RIAM exams, edu-resources & links
- A Guide Calculated Grades for Parents and Guardians LC 2020.pdf
- A Guide to Calculated Grades for Students LC 2020 25-05-20.pdf
- Letter to Students re Calculated Grades Student Portal.pdf 25-05-20
- Calculated Grades Student Portal - Before You Start Guide.pdf 25-05-20
- RIAM Drama Exam 'HOW TO' guide for Drama video submissions.pdf12-5-20
- NPCpp Statement May 11th - Leaving Certificate Options.pdf
- Headmaster email to Form 6 students - parents 8-5-20.pdf LC final decision
- Summer Assessments Timetable.pdf
- Email to parents with Term Timetable including assessments.pdf 7-5-20
- DES Stakeholder Engagement on State Exams 1-5-20 JC final decision
- State Examination Fees 30-3-20.pdf deadline April 30th, 2020.
- Headmaster JC_LC email to Parents 20-03-20.pdf
- Headmaster Letter re LC & JC orals 19 03 20_0.pdf
- YouTube Music Tutorial Academic Music - Dave Mullen's Channel
- https://ncse.ie/ - The NCSE are providing online resources for students with Special Education Needs
- The RIAM are giving students 2 options; 1 - to defer to an online exam in September, 2 - to record your pieces and submit video in June
General communications to parents listed here.
Student Time Capsule
School Librarian, Ms Kelly and School Archivist Andrew Whiteside are curating a digital time capsule to record student responses to the current situation. This is a school-wide project and will mark a moment in KH history. Students can make their entry during our final week of the school term — .25-29 May. General instructions are attached along with a Junior students version and a Senior Student version.
About the Time Capsule
As we near the middle of what could be a six-month closure of the school, it’s worth remembering that there was a previous occasion when the school was closed for several months to protect students and staff from illness. The closure lasted from October 1890 to February 1891. During the next academic year, we hope to spend time discovering more about that period of the school’s history.
In the meantime, we would like to put on record the thoughts and ideas of students about their experience of the current school closure and the pandemic crisis. The school’s library and archives will curate and preserve a digital time capsule of short items contributed by students with the intention of informing future students about this major event in history.
Submissions to the time capsule (up to 30 seconds of video or 100 words of speech) can be in a variety of forms:
- an open letter
- a poem
- a song
- a dance
- a work of art
- photographs of items of relevance to the lockdown
The closing date for submissions is 31 May 2020.
Useful Edu Links
- Dyslexia Ireland Parents Zoom 26th January 2021.pdf
- RTÉ Shakespeare schedule
- Druid Theatre's Playboy of the Western World:
- Derek Landy's (Skulduggery Pleasant author) first livestream Q&A session:
- Andrew Lloyd Webber sing-along shows
- HISTORICAL FILMS 1900-1930 From the IFI
- Parent Guide to Online Safety.pdf
- SMART Study Tips.pdf
- SCOILNET the official portal of the Department of Education for Irish education.
- KH Library resources
- Guide to Distant Learning for SEN Students & Families
- Weekly Learning Structure Guide.pdf avail on Google Drive for students to fill in
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM --Parents-Guide.pdf
- DES Guides for Parents supporting children
- FOLENS FREE ACCESS TO ALL EBOOKS Register as a teacher and use password Sec20
- EDCO FREE ACCESS TO ALL EBOOKS Username: jcedcobooks or lcedcobooks Password: edco2020
- REVISEWISE FREE ACCESS TO EBOOKS Login or Register then enter code: JC is 9878, LC is 6456
- SLA.ORG - resources at all levels across the UK & Ireland Curriculum
- How to practice music effectively from Helen Roycroft
- www.mydegreeguide.com/how-to-study-tips for helpful tips on home study.
- Irish Times Top oCurriculum Resources links feat. Susan Leahy - Spanish, Noel Cunningham - Physics & Jerome Devitt - PolSoc
- Free (30 day) subscription for scribd (books, articles, magazines etc)
- LIBRARY RESOURCE KHResearchWB.pdf
- LIBRARY RESOURCE KHremoteReading.pdf
- LIBRARY RESOURCE KHreadingClassicsGutnbrg.pdf
- SIRLINKALOT.ORG Spelling App with modules & tests.
- CHATTERPACK links to many online edu resources all in one place
- LIBRARIES IRELAND for access to New Scientist (and a whole range of magazines). email email@example.com if difficulty accessing
- THE PHYSICS TEACHER Our teacher Noel Cunningham's physics & applied maths website
- STUDYCLIX.IE JC & LC online Q&A revision.
- JCQUEST.IE JC online Science & French revision - free through Dec 2020
- Past exam papers & marking schemes JC & LC
- IXL online revision Maths, Science & English
- HISTORY IRELAND
- RE ONLINE
- BBC RE HISTORY
- PHILOSOPHY ONLINE
- Be the Editor not the Writer - let the young learner stay in control of their writing
Fun & Educational
- BRINGING EUROPEAN HISTORY ALIVE
- https://easyfood.ie/ Irish food magazine with recipies
- https://www.epicurious.com/ recipes
- THE ESCAPE CLASSROOM Creative and Innovative Problem Solving
- Poetry Writing Comp - Deadline Feb 12, 2021 Poetry Comp Flyer 20-21 MMG.pdf
- Home Ec: https://twitter.com/ATHE_HomeEc/status/1243515026281021441/photo/2
- Challenge: Art selfie https://mymodernmet.com/recreate-art-history-challenge/