The King’s Hospital Parents Association (KHPA) is very active in supporting the students, their parents and the school throughout the year, through events and fundraising. The headmaster attends the KHPA committee meetings. The feedback and input from the association is invaluable to the school.
A committee is elected each year at the association's AGM, and a chairperson, secretary and treasurer are elected every three years from the committee members.
The KHPA meets about every six weeks, and divides up responsibility for the many events that they run. Being a member of the parent body is a great way of getting involved in these events and to meet other parents, which might not happen too often in secondary school. Additional volunteers are always welcome!
The KHPA is a member of the NPCPP and COMPASS. Click here for a link to the recent NPCPP 'Newsblast', which compiles some interesting news items on education.
- Survey results from @NPCPP on studying at home https://www.npcpp.ie/study-from-home-your-view/
- Request to participate in 'change to state exams 2020' survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TSBKPBQ
2019/20 Committee Members
- Hilary Davis - Chairperson
- Gail Peard - Secretary
- Richard Heywood Jones - Treasurer & Compass Rep
- Myles O’Donoghue - Compass Rep
- Fionnuala Gilmartin - BoM Rep (day)
- Elaine Clarke - BoM Rep (boarder)
- Susan Leitch
- Amanda Gillick
- Jacquie Lyons
- Joanne King
- Julia Culleton
- Margaret Kadeba
- Lauretta Eustace
- Sarah-Lyn McKenna
- KHPA Constitution
- KHPA Parent Contact Detail Form
- COMPASS SECRETARY REPORT 2018-2019
- COMPASS AGM AGENDA 2019
- KHPA AGM September 17th , 2019 @19:30
- Ladies Lunch: Friday, October 4th, 2019, 1pm - Tickets on Eventbrite
- Parent talk - Oct 1st 2019 @19:30 WWH Dr Siobhan O'Higgins 'Smart Consent' KHPA Parent Talk.pdf
- Form 6 Mock Interviews - Oct 15th, 2019
- Uniform Recycling Sale - Dec 20th, 2019
- Form 5 Careers Evening - March10th, 2020
- Valedictory Service & Dinner - May 15th, 2020